Monday, October 19, 2009

brooke shields spiritual

I pretty much started taking acid right away

I was the worst candidate for that type of thing

I've sought out and had conversations

you see all the pictures

I never had a good time

but back then there were maybe something like 200 celebrities

so that's one way something like that can happen

an out of body experience for five to 10 minutes

I didn't like hovering above myself

I wanted to get rid of the color

it was bad, I had to leave, I didn't want to share my blanket or be "all one"

that's what jimi hendrix and marilyn monroe died from

you see all the pictures

people who have money

jimi hendrix or gram parson or jim morrison or janis joplin or kurt cobain

I picked up a book on them

kerouac, he really became kind of a republican

but, I think that people underestimated how intelligent and how well read he was

and I think that really got to him

like what happened to jackson pollock, being famous was different, it's like

I don't know

I bought brigid berlin's cock print book

I just love the mysticism, the things people save

in the middle of god only knows where

like john coltrane or something, staring straight into the camera

yeah, I don't know

looking back, or going through a door and thinking

I was always afraid because I just didn't fit in

the sound was complicated, more sophisticated than your garden variety pop songs

it still seems weird to me that someone could come out of that type of existence

but that's the weirdest thing about celebrity

I was a completely clueless teenager

keith richards holding a bottle of jack daniels, lozenge eyes lozenge face

standing in a field, sepia toned

the color of a much more psychedelic type of music

the color of pissing on ice

I wanted to go back to that field and take a photograph of it

5 comments:

Michael Hessel-Mial said...

oh dang oh dang

be my wife

ana c. said...

i like how your blog has bleeding hot dogs (thin penises covered with ketchup) at the bottom

mitchell said...

dear zachary,

i don't really know you at all, however,

for some reason,

i really like how you write.

red newsom said...

^ as above :)

Anonymous said...

red newsom is a sexy